- The Valley Library manages the use and reservation system of the study rooms.
- An ONID login is required to place a reservation.
- Students and staff: three-hour maximum, based on availability
- Faculty and graduate students: six-hour maximum, based on availability
- Advance reservations are limited to one per person per day, and may be made online up to 30 days in advance through the end of the term.
- Advance reservations are not required, but they are encouraged.
- Due to the high demand of the study rooms, patrons must check out the key card for a reserved room within 15 minutes of the reservation's start time, or the reservation will be automatically canceled, so that others may use the room.
- In consideration of others, if you cannot make your advanced reservation, please call the Circulation Desk (541-737-7254) to adjust or cancel your reservation. You may also cancel your reservation online. Thank you.
- Immediate reservations: If rooms are available, individuals may check out a key card for immediate use of a room at the Circulation Desk. Immediate reservations do not ocunt against the daily limit for advance reservations.
- If the key card for a reserved room is not picked up within 15 minutes of the reservation’s start time, the reservation will be canceled and the room will be made available to patrons for immediate use check-outs.
- The Valley Library respects patron privacy. Library staff will not share reservation information with anyone but the person who made the reservation. For this same reason, key cards are only checked out to the person who made the reservation.
- Please be courteous of other patrons and leave the room promptly at the end of your reservation time.
The Valley Library has a limited number of rooms that serve a large OSU population. Between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and midnight, the Valley Library will extend a room’s check-out period (renew the room) only when availability allows it.
- The safety of your belongings is not guaranteed even if you lock your room. Please keep valuable materials with you. Items left in rooms will be placed in the lost and found.
- Be respectful of others – the rooms are not soundproof, so voices carry more than you may realize. Please remove your trash and leave the room clean for those using the room after you.
- For safety and ADA regulations, please do not block or cover the windows or doors. Please do not use small appliances, such as warming plates, heaters, coffee makers and similar items.